Fairweather physician assistants (PAs) are trained to administer a wide range of medical services, as delegated by and with the oversight of a physician, including illness diagnosis and physical exams. PAs are able to immediately evaluate the patient's condition and determine if further examination by a physician is necessary. PAs are also trained to carry out treatment plans and provide preventative health care counseling. Fairweather's experienced professionals can assist your health and safety team with the management of on-the-job injuries, while fully understanding OSHA-related aggressive first aid concepts.
Fairweather physician assistants:
- Maintain 24/7/365 consult with the ER for MEDEVAC and collaborative MDs.
- Are certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support.
- Are certified in Advanced Trauma Life Support.
- Are medical advisors for TapRooT incident investigations.
- Diagnose and treat illness and/or injury.
- Develop and carry out treatment plans.
- Suture lacerations.
- Offer over-the-counter and prescription medications.
- Stabilize and treat patients.
- Have solid delayed transport experience.
- Provide patient education and preventative health care counseling.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in OSHA related aggressive first aid concepts.
Every Fairweather physician assistant is:
- A graduate of a bachelor's or master's degree program.
- Licensed by the State of Alaska.
- Licensed by the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Fully credentialed.
- Capable of a diverse scope of care.
- Skilled with occupational medicine.
- Accomplished in emergency medicine.
- Experienced with the pre-hospital care team approach.
- Well-practiced in family medicine.