Fairweather offers the following COVID-related services:
In partnership with Beechtree Molecular Lab, Fairweather is offering drive-up or walk-up testing at two sites in Anchorage, as well as mobile-testing options:
- 4115 Lake Otis Parkway – download map
- The Dimond Mall on the south side of the building near the Bus Transit station – download map
- Mobile testing – If your business, organization or large event is in need of testing services, we can collect samples at your location or provide self-collection kits and our couriers will pick them up. We offer PCR tests for this service, or we have over-the-counter antigen tests available for purchase. For pricing and availability, please call us at (907) 346-3247.
Hours of Operation
Both testing sites are open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. All ages are eligible for testing.
Pre-registration through Beechtree will give you a personal QR code for all future COVID testing, which will make testing quick and easy. We request you provide any insurance information you have, but free testing is available for those who are uninsured. Registration is available here.
COVID-19 Testing FAQs
- Which COVID test are you offering? Lab-based PCR COVID testing.
- What is the difference between PCR and other Covid tests? Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests and the TMA tests done through other facilities are all "NAAT" tests and are highly sensitive tests for COVID-19. Some countries only accept PCR tests for travel purposes.
- When can I expect my results? Within 24-48 hours. We can turn tests around more quickly if needed for an upcoming medical procedure or for travel within 24 hours.
- Can I use this test for travel? Yes, but please verify everything that is needed for travel to your destination.
- Is there an age restriction? No, we will test all ages.
- Do you have to register in advance? We are happy to help you register onsite if needed, but preregistration makes the testing process go very quickly. Register at Beechtree (rymedi.com).
- Is there any cost for the test? We request that you enter any health insurance information you have. Your insurance will cover the cost of testing with no out-of-pocket cost to you.
- What if I don't have insurance? Unfortunately, we are not able to collect test samples from individuals without insurance at this time.
- Where do we go for testing? We are open 7 days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and are operating two drive-up or walk-up testing sites at 4115 Lake Otis Parkway and the Dimond Mall on the backside of the mall near the bus transfer station.
Location & Hours of Operations
- 1130 N Muldoon Suite 110 in the Tikahtnu Commons shopping plaza next to the Pita Pit restaurant
- Hours of Operation: Seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We vaccinate all ages eligible for COVID-19 vaccination, including booster doses. More information regarding eligibility can be found on the CDC website.
COVID-19 Vaccination FAQs
- What brands of Vaccines are offered? Moderna and Pfizer
- Do you offer J&J (Janssen) vaccines? Currently, the Federal government is no longer distributing J&J COVID-19 vaccinations. We do not have any doses of J&J (Janssen) at this time.
- What ages do you vaccinate? We vaccinate all ages! At this time, COVID-19 vaccines are available for ages 5+. It is anticipated that doses will be available for ages 6 months to 4 years in April of 2022.
- Do you give COVID-19 vaccine booster doses? Yes, we have Pfizer and Moderna booster doses. Ages 12+ are eligible for booster doses. Those who are moderately to severely immunocompromised are encouraged to get a third dose of Pfizer or Moderna 28 days after their second dose and then a booster (fourth dose) three months after their third dose. Those who have had one dose of the J&J (Janssen) vaccine are encouraged to receive the second dose of vaccine with either Pfizer or Moderna two months after their initial J&J dose.
- What is the cost of vaccination? COVID-19 vaccines are free for all regardless of insurance.
- How do I get a vaccine replacement card? If you received your COVID-19 Vaccine and you have lost your vaccination card, you must submit the State of Alaska immunization record request form in order to receive a replacement card. We cannot fill out a new vaccine card for you.