Fairweather's Paramedics and EMT-3s are specialized health care professionals trained to provide a wide range of first response treatment for medical and trauma emergencies, including the coordination of hospital transportation if further assessment or follow-up care is needed. Utilizing paramedics and State of Alaska EMT-IIIs greatly enhances the emergency response capability of companies operating in remote Alaska.
- Maintain 24/7/365 consult with the ER.
- Are certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support.
- Are certified in International Trauma Life Support.
- Provide an advanced level of care.
- Stabilize and treat patients.
- Prepare patients for air medical transport.
- Are trained to use Alaska MedEvac support.
- Have solid patient transport experience.
Every Fairweather paramedic is:
- A graduate of a six-month to two-year program.
- Nationally certified.
- Licensed by the State of Alaska.
- Fully credentialed.
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in OSHA related aggressive first aid concepts.
- Experienced with emergency medicine.
- Well-practiced with utilizing ambulance units.
- Knowledgeable of shipboard care procedures.
- An experienced provider of remote occupational support.